This is the legal disclaimer for the website currently known as “BCS” or Black Canadian Studies. This disclaimer governs your use of our website; by using our website, you accept this disclaimer in full. If you disagree with any part of this disclaimer, you must not use our website.
This document was created using an SEQ Legal template.
(3) Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
(4) License to use website
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages [or (other content) ] from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions below.
You must not:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or otherwise sub-license material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
- redistribute material from this website [except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution (such as our newsletter).
(5) Limitation and exclusion of warranties and liability
Whilst we endeavor to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
We, the owners of the website, are not legally responsible or liable for any and all of the content posted by/on other websites for which links have been provided. Any postings of listings, notices, and advertisements etc. for any and all types of publications, bibliographies, blogs, exhibitions, jobs, conferences, calls, or any type of resource, event or gathering etc. are not meant as endorsements. It is the sole responsibility of the user of the website to ascertain the validity of the contents and claims of any the aforementioned resources provided.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
Nothing in this disclaimer will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; (c) limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or (d) exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
[To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.]
[We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.]
[We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.]
[We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.]
[We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.]
We may revise this disclaimer from time to time without notice. The revised disclaimer
will apply to the use of our website from the date of the publication of the revised
disclaimer on our website.
(7) Entire agreement
This policy sets out how “BCS” uses and protects any information that you give “BCS” when you use this website. “BCS” is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using the website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. If “BCS” changes this policy, this information shall be updated.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, job title, affiliation, specializations
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as race, sex, nationality, postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to an understanding of the composition of Black Canadian Studies practitioners
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new postings, publications, events, updates or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests
- We may provide your information to third parties who likewise share an interest in the cultivation of Black Canadian Studies
- We will never sell your information